Sunday, January 9, 2011

New year, new habits

But god, is this ever gonna be hard...

Made a pretty hefty resolutions list for me (as well as the both of us) and I'm hoping that the more I see it, the more I'm going to want to stick to it. I've had many years where I'd be totally gun ho about something only to fizzle out before the middle of the year. I DON'T want this to happen again this year!

So, here is the condensed version, the strictly creative/business portion of my resolution list:
  1. Update and polish demo reel
  2. put at least one animation in at least one festival
  3. build up our Etsy
  4. invest in ourselves (biz cards, postcards, etc.)
  5. Publish GGS site
  6. Promote GGS
  7. Work on art for Art Sale
  8. Keep active online
While they all sound do-able, these (and the other 10 that I have) are pretty hefty in size. I'm doing my best to break all of these things down into easier to handle baby steps that I know we can both do quickly, together. Some of these things I'd personally like to see done within the next few months...but I know life gets in the way and we can both get real super busy in our own jobs and side projects.

I'm beginning to think that the only way to accomplish any of this will be to channel the MCAD days. We've got to take whatever time we have when we're not at work and work on this stuff to get ourselves up and running.

And, in an effort to keep content, I think I might just start posting art bits (web layouts, WIP's sketches) up to see what you all think. There's many that we'd like to see in the finishing stages but we might be stuck on a certain thing or just not sure what to do anymore with it.

OK! I think I've harassed all of you enough. Thanks for reading!

Genki

No comments:

Post a Comment