Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Show and tell

I've come to the realization that I don't put up nearly as much art as I should. Sometimes I get self conscious, or get all like, "it's gotta be finished and pretty before anyone can see!"

Sometimes though, it takes forever to get something "finished and pretty" and then nothing gets put up because of it. But while I'm waiting for that perfect finished piece, I sketch. A whole, whole lot; and I kinda think there's alot of character in something that's still being roughed out and in that respect, might still worth showing.

I love seeing sketches and progress work, yet I rarely post any of my own; which is weird considering alot of my friends love the sketchy stuff too, lol! So here's me, braving the embarrassment and showing off some sketches:

Sketch I did from MCO to JFK. My goal was to do a drawing from start to finish within the time of the flight.

Same goal, from JFK to MCO. Not quite as gestural as I'd wanted but it was still fun!



Jenny and Wind spoiled me rotten with art supplies from Kinokuniya! One of the awesome new toys were these calligraphy brush pens. The page is a whole lotta warm up and then a quickie sketch with them. OMG so much fun!

This is what I do when I'm bored out of my mind at work. I paint. The sketch took me about an hour to do, the painting took another hour and a half. Didn't get to the teeth and tongue on time. GRRR!
Inspired from a Linkin Park song Castle of Glass. I'm totally loving my anatomy fail with her wrist. It's so broken, LOL!

Throwing around some ideas for some paintings. Merida, Rapunzel (although it doesn't really look like her, lol!) and Pocahontas. The other two on the bottom are some spray paint concepts that I cannot wait to try!

Another spray paint concept. I'm really hoping they come out well!

Miriam =)


No comments:

Post a Comment