Tuesday, February 28, 2012

finally a breather! it's short, but I'll take it, LOL

Conventions have been keeping us rather busy lately. Our last (and by far busiest) was Megacon! OMG was that ever fun...and frightening! I remember we were setting up Thursday night and I was looking at the other set ups and feeling my blood completely cold because of all the wonderful art up and all over the place. I was actually heavily second guessing whether this convention was a wise choice. Maybe we're not ready for something so big? Maybe we're not at that level yet to compete with vets and newbies alike of this kind of caliber? I was having a borderline panic attack, LOL!

But of course, we've already sunk money into the table so good or bad, we were there all 3 days. OMG I'm so glad we stayed, because it turned out to be a big ball of wonderful! I had no idea we had known so many people from other conventions; and we got to meet lots of new people as well! Got some real good commission requests, sold an original piece of artwork...omg that was one of my favorite pieces too. I miss it alot, but it went to a good friend of mine, so I'm extremely relived that it went to a good happy home!!

We've got alot of work to do now that Mega madness is behind us all. We don't have another con to worry about until april, but that doesn't mean I get a break until then. I've got commissions coming out of my ears and while I'm thrilled that people are nabbing original art, that also means I've got to fill those slots with new stuff! We're gonna be hella busy, but I seriously cannot be any more excited! Things are happening! With the wootness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment