Saturday, May 19, 2012

FINALLY I have more than one sketch that's worth posting up! I feel real bad doing single dose sketch dumping and since I've been doing alot of work for other people (paid client work thank god, LOL!) I haven't really been able to create much of anything that was truly mine or anything I can release publicly. But now I do so hooray!!

First one was at a convention I attended a couple months ago. I'm really looking forward to moving this piece on to better paper to be watercolored. It looks like it'll be tedious, but a helluvalotta fun!
The next couple were the only sketches I was able to manage while on our cruise a few weeks back. We had one day where we were out at sea all day so Dee Jay and I took advantage of it to catch up on comic work and other art things. When we were winding down I still wanted to draw, so I sketched a few minutes longer before I called in for the day. 2 things; I really miss portrait drawing and 2, I really have to stop eating food with charcoal covered hands, LOL!




































This one though...I was so giddy working on this one. We had gone to the art of animation area at Disney and got to take an art session at the animation studio with a bunch of other guests. Normally, they'd do Mickey or any of the rest of the gang, but we had a bunch of people that have already drawn them before. So as the lead was going down the list and came to Flynn's name, everybody swooned (men included!!) So Flynn Rider it is!

I was super anxious to get started and super nervous about it messing up, but I was determined to not suck at art that day, LOL!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment